501 – 1000 employees
The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) of India is a statutory organization under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (Mo.E.F.C.C.). CPCB Coordinates the activities of the State Pollution Control Boards by providing technical assistance and guidance to them and also helps them in resolving disputes.
CPCB being the apex organization in the field of control had to ensure that all the activities undertaken by State Pollution Boards are well coordinated. And since it is a large-scale task, they were facing a few problems:
- Exchange of information between pollution control boards of states in India was not properly aligned
- Collating information and statistics PAN INDIA was difficult.
- They had to make extra efforts to maintain similar data for various states.
- Not all states have computerized backends to manage information and data which resulted in poor information exchange.
CPCB wanted to bring pollution control boards of all the states in India, on a common platform. They wanted a web portal that was multi-tenanted, multilingual, user friendly, responsive. Something that would permit the automation of consent operating activities like cess collection, waste management and other core activities of the organisation.
Together with our client, we developed a configurable web portal using Grails with postgresql which is a multi-lingual, multitenanted and responsive web portal.The client was persistent in saving time and resources, so instead of developing the web portal from scratch, we used predeveloped codes as the foundation for the web portal.
A super admin role was also defined to administrate the user interface (forms) of different states and allow configuration of a new state on the portal in a time frame of one week. After gathering the requirements and understanding the needs of the clients, we built a multi-tenant application for them with the following features :
- Single unified global online portal for all the states.
- Distributed architecture – better utilization of resources and robust failover.
- Multi-lingual support for English and state-specific languages for ease.
- Pan India reporting ability and support for external integration of services.
- State-specific online customization on portals.
- Role-based application access.
- Multi-level Security Enabled System (For better security on the portal)
- Automation of all pollution control board processes, right from registration and approval to certifications and reporting.
Constituted in September 1974.
CPCB has an automatic monitoring station at ITO Intersection in New Delhi. At this station, Resirable Suspended Particulate Matter (RSPM),Carbon Monoxide (CO), Ozone (O3), Sulphur Dioxide (SO2), Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2), and Suspended Particulate Matter (SPM) are being monitored regularly.
Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
Advise the Central Government on any matter concerning prevention and control of water and air pollution and improvement of the quality of air.
Technical Details of the project:
To create a highly functional application for CIOS, we leveraged the following technologies :
- Language – Grails
- Database -Postgresql
- Web Server – Tomcat
- REST Web Services